News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArrow

Quote from: stevo qld on March 20, 2022, 12:08:57 PM
I understood that the bits and bobs required to assemble the track surrounds, fencing etc., had been auctioned off or sold.

This would greatly increase the costs if all that has to be created or purchases.

Time will tell.

A lot had been sold to The Bend (convenient) and a lot had been purchased by collectors who have an "understanding" to "loan" them back to Supercars in the event the round goes ahead.

But the rest would likely be required from the GC/Newcastle events which I spoke about above.

SetonFan

Quote from: stevo qld on March 20, 2022, 12:08:57 PM
I understood that the bits and bobs required to assemble the track surrounds, fencing etc., had been auctioned off or sold.

This would greatly increase the costs if all that has to be created or purchases.

Time will tell.

Supercars can provide at least some of the infrastructure - as they do for Gold Coast and Newcastle.

Having said that - considering SA Labor has put their neck out to get the event back, if Supercars want to be greedy they could extort them almost as much as they want

murph_fan51

Will Scott McLaughlin make it back this year for Bathurst? Will he return to a Chevrolet Racing team?
debris debris debris

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: murph_fan51 on March 22, 2022, 07:38:07 PM
Will Scott McLaughlin make it back this year for Bathurst? Will he return to a Chevrolet Racing team?

He's hoping to be back, contracted to DJR.

REM

for gawdsake, it's hard enough to watch Formula ZB as it is now.....don't scare us like that! >:( ;)

Sonic

Quote from: REM on March 23, 2022, 05:10:17 PM

for gawdsake, it's hard enough to watch Formula ZB as it is now.....don't scare us like that! >:( ;)

he'd come back and be a second and a half quicker than the rest LOL
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

Quote from: Sonic on March 23, 2022, 08:13:17 PM
Quote from: REM on March 23, 2022, 05:10:17 PM

he'd come back and be a second and a half quicker than the rest LOL

and even more "parity" or is that "parody" for the Ford runners.....aaarrrggghhhhhhh!!!!

stevo qld

I am wondering if we will see a Bathurst Wildcard from 888 with Prince Jefri and Craig Lowndes??
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Quote from: stevo qld on March 25, 2022, 12:45:41 AM
I am wondering if we will see a Bathurst Wildcard from 888 with Prince Jefri and Craig Lowndes??

Lowndes in a wildcard is looking more and more likely. They won't drop the SVG/Tander combo.

Depending on how Feeney goes (not up to scratch), could Whincup/Lowndes be the wildcard with a star O/S driver to partner Feeney?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on March 25, 2022, 10:28:12 AM

Lowndes in a wildcard is looking more and more likely. They won't drop the SVG/Tander combo.

Depending on how Feeney goes (not up to scratch), could Whincup/Lowndes be the wildcard with a star O/S driver to partner Feeney?
They could do that if it doesn't compromise their teams championship.
debris debris debris

SetonFan

I don't think he would qualify for a special dispensation to get a licence would he?

stevo qld

Quote from: SetonFan on March 26, 2022, 05:11:17 PM
I don't think he would qualify for a special dispensation to get a licence would he?

He competes in a lot of series, both internationally and in Australia, so he might qualify without an exemption by October. I would not rule out an expanded TA2, Super 2 and GT program in Australia. His machinery is fettled by 888 and powered by money.

Maybe he can race with Diplomatic Plates  ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Quote from: murph_fan51 on March 26, 2022, 11:58:31 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on March 25, 2022, 10:28:12 AM

They could do that if it doesn't compromise their teams championship.

Doubt they would after the weekend Feeney just had. Would be a no brainer to team Whincup with Feeney.
Considering Lowndes hasn't been named at either other top drives (DJR & WAU), dare say Lowndes will run a wildcard with whatever sponsor would fund the car for the definite exposure.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

stevo qld

Gauchi has obviously looked at the Grove cars and decided to junk a lot of Kelly parts. Both 888 and Walkinshaw could be selling them proven suspension bits.

If Reynolds can get the car to the front row, then the cars must be a lot better,

I wonder if Reynolds could give a report on the different performance of this years engine vs last years.

A similar report on the engine variation would be interesting from Cooldrive.

The Groves have consistently purchased state of the art performance equipment from Porsche. Why would they not continue to buy the best available.

i, too, wonder where the Nissans would have been if Kellys had used proven chassis suspension bits.?

But, then again, BJR did have the pick of all suppliers and, in reality, are not competitive, even when they get a half decent driver.

And then, there are teams with absolute up to date 888 equipment and assistance but apparently they don't have the drivers or engineers to maximise this equipment usage.

Might be time for a serious driver currency of ability evaluation. There must be a crossover point between top drivers on the way down and new drivers on the way up (probably cheaper too).

Unfortunately Supercars has at the maximum (IMHO) about 10 competitive cars/drivers and a whole bunch of perpetual backmarkers. A bit harsh. A couple of them are mid-fielders.
ALBERT EINSTEIN