News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 1 - Newcastle Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 08, 2023, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Joe5619

Having just read Shane's comment I do feel a bit sorry for him (And God knows I dont like him, but I do think his been hard done by).. If the drivers are being muzzled, then Supercars only have themselves to blame.  Let people talk FFS!!

stevo qld

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 14, 2023, 06:40:11 PM
Having just read Shane's comment I do feel a bit sorry for him (And God knows I dont like him, but I do think his been hard done by).. If the drivers are being muzzled, then Supercars only have themselves to blame.  Let people talk FFS!!

+1
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

I can't feel sorry for him. He's got the talent, the car, the money, and only has to work 12 weekends this year. That's not to say he needs to suck it up though.
Ford Faithful

murph_fan51

Quote from: stevo qld on March 14, 2023, 10:45:55 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on March 14, 2023, 09:42:14 AM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 12, 2023, 08:54:57 PM
And are we watching the end of Percat's fulltime career?

If Percat doesn't produce results this year I'd say his full-time aspirations are done! No doubt the team is built around Chaz, but I can't see another team grabbing him if he can't produce in what has been a recent Bathurst winning and race winning team. What a backfire so far for WAU, it was my understanding they moved heaven and earth to get Percat there.

Percat signing with WAU was a significant bonus for BJR.  ;D
Time to go Percat.
If WAU are smart, they'll drop him end of year for Golding.

So what did Mr Skaife say anyway?
debris debris debris

Bloopy

Quote from: murph_fan51 on March 14, 2023, 08:10:08 PM
So what did Mr Skaife say anyway?

What he said on TV is documented on Speedcafe.

Today's article is Roland pointing out Skaife's conflict of interest and even bringing up Eastern Creek 2003, hah:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/15/rolands-view-newcastle-take-outs/

Troy01505

Let's not forget skaifey was always an egotistical flog. I remember his V8 superstar days, I remember his arrogant attitude towards fans at the back of the pits, at public appearances and signing sessions, I remember him pushing a young kids away at Bathurst near the toilet block behind the pits because he had a bad session and was a little flustered because fans wanted interaction.

He is not an ambassadors arsehole.

I hope freedom of speech is allowed. Id much rather hear a driver speak the truth then hid in the trailer

Newcastle is a pathetic track and in my opinion the worst place to debut the new era. Bring back Adelaide.

Trevor

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 15, 2023, 02:53:40 PM
Let's not forget skaifey was always an egotistical flog. I remember his V8 superstar days, I remember his arrogant attitude towards fans at the back of the pits, at public appearances and signing sessions, I remember him pushing a young kids away at Bathurst near the toilet block behind the pits because he had a bad session and was a little flustered because fans wanted interaction.

He is not an ambassadors arsehole.
you are spot on about Skaife. I had dealings with him as an active member of the Winton team, your comments are 100% correct. Listening to Schenken talking about him when he was racing on race control radio confirms what you say

I don't like Dane one bit, but his comments about Skaife are spot on

murph_fan51

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/explained-the-supercars-appeals-process/

So technically T8 still holds one two for Race 1 until the decision of the appeal.

I thought they handed the trophy's over to the other drivers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Should 888 win. Burgess reputation is in the gutter, Open season on teams breaching tech regulations, without fear of losing race results*. Supercars can't rein in a team for a clear breach.

*= Be interesting to how many who complained DJRTP "bought and Bathurst win" support 888.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Quote from: AlbertM on March 16, 2023, 06:49:38 PM
Should 888 win. Burgess reputation is in the gutter, Open season on teams breaching tech regulations, without fear of losing race results*. Supercars can't rein in a team for a clear breach.

*= Be interesting to how many who complained DJRTP "bought and Bathurst win" support 888.

One advantage of aging is that I remember details of racing 40 to 60 years ago but can't recall the DJYTP incident. A good thing.

Back to the then future: One thing I can't understand is that Burgess looked into the car. Even if he didn't approve the cooling unit (as he testified), he didn't tell them that it was incorrect. Surely that would indicate a suppressed level of awareness for someone who is apparently able to approve changes on the trot or disallow changes.

Barry, from Erebus is right. Get it in writing. I still favour the body cam and I would add security type cameras in the garages, for protection.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bloopy

I think if they win (or at least get it reduced to a points penalty) it'll be because of consideration for the Gen3 verbal approval thing they had going on up to that point, so it certainly won't apply going forward. Burgess thought he was only sighting the ducting and not the box position or something like that. Hardly pivotal for his reputation when it's the team that didn't articulate what they were asking more clearly.

stevo qld

Quote from: Bloopy on March 16, 2023, 08:20:04 PM

I think if they win (or at least get it reduced to a points penalty) it'll be because of consideration for the Gen3 verbal approval thing they had going on up to that point, so it certainly won't apply going forward. Burgess thought he was only sighting the ducting and not the box position or something like that. Hardly pivotal for his reputation when it's the team that didn't articulate what they were asking more clearly.
+1
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

Quote from: stevo qld on March 16, 2023, 07:23:54 PM
Back to the then future: One thing I can't understand is that Burgess looked into the car. Even if he didn't approve the cooling unit (as he testified), he didn't tell them that it was incorrect.

Maybe it works like ice fishing in Michigan, Steve?

A few years back a couple of friends I know, along with the one guy's little daughter, went ice fishing on an inland lake.  The max take for bluegills was 50 per day.  The little girl was not fishing - just watching, unhooking the caught fish, and baiting the hooks..

So they are fishing away, having good success.  One a little better than the other.  They had two piles of fish.  After the one guy hit his limit of 50, he kept fishing and tossing the catches on the other guy's pile until HE had 50.  Once that was done they were getting ready to leave and the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) guys showed up and issued him a citation for exceeding the limit of 50, even though they had 100 total between the two of them.  He personally caught more than 50.

"We were watching you and saw what you were doing," the rep said.

"Why didn't you just stop us and tell us that is not how it works, then?" asked his little girl.

"That's now how we work."
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on March 16, 2023, 07:23:54 PM

One advantage of aging is that I remember details of racing 40 to 60 years ago but can't recall the DJYTP incident. A good thing.

Back to the then future: One thing I can't understand is that Burgess looked into the car. Even if he didn't approve the cooling unit (as he testified), he didn't tell them that it was incorrect. Surely that would indicate a suppressed level of awareness for someone who is apparently able to approve changes on the trot or disallow changes.

Barry, from Erebus is right. Get it in writing. I still favour the body cam and I would add security type cameras in the garages, for protection.

It's not Burgess' responsibility that the cars are compliant.  It was 888's mistake to assume it was allowed despite AB saying he likes the idea. Even if the conversation was recorded, 888 would still be in breach. Both 888 and Burgess agree that an exemption was not given. 888 defence is that Burgess didn't say it was not allowed.
Ford Faithful